It’s such a small part, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important—the magazine release button. And if you’re in the market to build an AR or you need a replacement part, Strike Industries has announced their very own AR Modular Magazine Release (MMR).
Strike Industries AR MMR | Quick and Easy Installation
What’s so special about this usually boring component? Glad you asked! According to Strike Industries, first and most importantly, the modular design allows for a quick and easy replacement.
There are also three different magazine release options—did you even know that was a thing? We’re not just talking ambidextrous, left, or right-side installation. We’re talking standard, extended, or oversized buttons that work for any number of personal desires or missions.
And what makes this mag button so easy to install? Again, glad you asked.
- You don’t have to remove the magazine catch just to change out your button.
- All you have to do is push the magazine button adapter—with literally anything that’ll fit in the space.
And if the simplicity isn’t your concern, maybe the textured buttons are. According to Strike Industries, those textured buttons give the shooter a positive feel and manipulation of their AR for enhanced ergonomic control.
Oh, and while we’re talking about the mag release, you might take a look at what mags you’re running. Need to update or upgrade? We’ve got the AR magazines you need!
You aren’t jumping out of bed, kicking over women, and punching babies* to get your hands on one of the modular magazine releases yet? Maybe the features, specs, or compatible platforms will do it for you.
MMR Product Features
- Magazine buttons made from durable and lightweight polymer
- SUS630 stainless steel shaft sleeve and button adapter
- Steel magazine catch
- Drop-in installation
MMR Product Specifications
- Length: 37.11mm (mag catch), 7.5mm (standard button), 24.9mm (oversized button)
- Width: 36.75mm (standard button), 38.5mm (oversized button)
- Height: 12.5mm (standard button), 15.4mm (oversized button)
- Weight: 0.6 oz
What you get with your Purchase
- Magazine catch – x1
- Catch spring – x1
- Button adapter – x1
- Magazine catch shaft sleeve – x1
- Standard magazine button – x1
- Extended magazine button – x1
- Oversized magazine button – x1
Compatibility: Mil-Spec AR-15 and DPMS AR-10 pattern lower receivers
*In no way do we condone kicking women or punching babies—that’s just not right. But if you do, make sure it’s to get your hands on a cool new toy or one of its many components, like the Strike Industries AR Modular Magazine Release.
**For real, don’t kick women or punch babies.