If you’re a 1911 or 2011 fan looking for a way to easily concealed carry appendix style, the new VELO4 AIWB holster might need to find its way into your EDC rotation.
While a lot of holster companies offer either a 1911 holster or a 2011 holster, Tenicor has introduced a single holster that fits both models. And the gun can have a rail or not and still fit. After all, frame-wise there isn’t a lot of difference between the two designs — both 1911 vs. 2011 and rail vs. no rail – so it makes sense to offer them both in one holster – and it saves Tenicor the cost of making two molds, the most expensive part of holster manufacturing. Just in case your particular 1911 or 2011 doesn’t fit as precisely as you’d like, the holster includes a spacer pack to fine-tune the fit.
Unlike the current trend in holsters, the VELO4 AIWB Holster is an appendix-only rig designed to only work in front. While this may sound limiting, instead it allows for a dedicated design with a focus on appendix carry features, such as clip placement and right height that often compromise on multi-purpose holsters. For instance, rather than a detachable claw, the claw is integrated as a smooth hump to keep the grip tucked secretly away under a cover garment. Printing is one of the biggest concerns for concealed carry, so it’s nice to see Tenicor addressing that upfront. According to Tenicor’s site, “The VELO4 is intelligently designed to make your gun disappear.”
Have a red dot on your slide? No problem. The VELO4 accommodates optics without any modifications required. You can also choose from three different clip or loop belt attachment options.
Top Features of the VELO4 AIWB Holster:
- Each holster is molded to Trucise fit, which creates a uniquely secure holster with a smooth and consistent draw.
- The shirt guard is carefully profiled to allow for an unencumbered high thumb grip.
- Profiled at the top, the VELO supports most conventional slide mounted red dot sights.
- The sight channel is tall to allow for suppressor height sights.
- An open bottom works with several different slide lengths and muzzle devices, including threaded barrels and muzzle brakes.
- The dual tension screws enable subtle adjustments and security.