There are a lot of defensive handguns out there, but not all of them are built to handle dedicated use, and even fewer are entirely made in the USA. Lionheart Industries Vulcan 9 is all that and more. The Vulcan 9 is a hammer-fired pistol chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum, made with a serious eye on detail for the purpose of self-defense. This newest offering from Lionheart Industries arrives under the company’s slogan “excellence comes standard.”
The Lionheart Industries Vulcan 9 is a compact pistol with a bevy of carry-friendly features including some specific to the gun maker’s own design. According to the manufacturer, the gun is made using high-grade and precision materials to deliver the best possible everyday carry gun. The Vulcan 9 has a standard 3.7-inch barrel, although there is also a threaded 4.3-inch barrel available. The standard barrel has an overall length of 6.9 inches, a height of 5.0 inches not including optics, and an empty weight of approximately 24.0 ounces.
This optics-ready gun doesn’t require adapter plates like so many other brands do. Instead, it’s MRDS-ready and has a screw pattern that’s compatible with a variety of red dots. According to the gun maker, compatible optics include the Holosun407k/507k, Shield RMSc, Trijicon RMRcc, Sig RomeoZero Elite, and others with a similar footprint. The gun ships with a cover plate in place that can be removed should the gun owner choose to place a red dot on their gun.
Features of the Lionheart Industries Vulcan 9:
- Chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum.
- The compact size is ideal for concealed carry.
- 3.7-inch standard barrel length, although a threaded barrel is also available.
- J shape trigger promotes consistent finger placement and improved accuracy.
- Rapid Engagement Grip System of grooves and rests on the frame and grip facilitate a firm hold which, in turn, enhances accuracy on target.
- Lionheart Industries’ Tru-Axis barrel for longevity, durability, and accuracy.
- Flush-fit 15-round magazine.
- Bobbed hammer to reduce risk of snagging.
- Black DLC coated 416R stainless OR black nitride 416R stainless barrel, both for resistance to wear.
- Angled serrations at the front and rear of the slide for easier manipulation.
- Accessory rail ahead of the trigger guard for weapon-mounted lights and lasers.
- Optional aluminum multitool baseplate that snaps into place and is held by the follower spring plate for adjusting grip screws and red dot mounting screws.
MSRP for the Vulcan 9 starts at $1200.00.