The 1911 is one of those platforms people tend to love or hate, but as more models hit the market, the platform wins a larger following. The Savage Arms Government 1911 is designed to break down barriers and bring over an entirely new group of fans: Those looking for what the company bills as a revolutionary pistol. The 1911 is a fantastic option for everything from self-defense to competition to hunting, and Savage Arms’ handgun is well worth a closer look.
According to Savage Arms, their 1911 line is built for serious use and unmatched accuracy. These 1911s are made to bring modern technology to a proven, time-honored platform and deliver a level of reliability, shootability, and accuracy that beats the competition. The Government 1911s are billed as revolutionary firearms designed to meet the gun maker’s demanding standards and dedication to quality. The guns are host to a bevy of features to deliver optimal performance for all shooting enthusiasts, whether they’re looking for a range gun or one for defensive applications.
The guns include an aesthetic that pays homage to the classic 1911 design. The Savage 1911 also has a dual recoil spring and machined sear and disconnector, and a nitride-coated titanium firing pin. All these components work together to create a more reliable pistol capable of consistent performance. The guns weigh in at just over two pounds. As Government models, they have a five-inch barrel length. A variety of finishes and grips are available including black melonite and stainless steel.
Features of the Savage Arms 1911 Government Black Nitride with Rail include:
- Forged stainless steel frame and slide for superior durability and resistance to wear and tear.
- 5.0-inch stainless steel barrel machined from billet with 11° target crown for enhanced performance.
- Dual recoil spring system with GI-style guide rod and barrel bushing to maintain the 1911’s classic features.
- The ejection port is lowered, flared, and cut for live round ejection to improve cycling.
- Nitride-coated titanium firing pin for reliable, long-lasting performance.
- Fully machined, tool steel sear and disconnector and stainless steel hammer for extended, reliable use.
- Novak Lo-Mount adjustable tritium bar rear sight and tritium Mega Dot Glow Dome Yellow front sight to draw the eye and encourage rapid target acquisition.
- Ambidextrous slide lock safety so the gun can be run right- or left-handed.
- VZ G10 Grips facilitate a firm grip even with wet or sweaty hands.
- 10 +1 capacity in 9mm, 8 +1 in 45 ACP.
- The accessory rail ahead of the trigger guard makes it easy to add aftermarket accessories such as lights and lasers.
This is an excellent 1911 to check out for yourself. Will you be adding one to your gun collection? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
MSRP for the Savage Arms 1911 Government is set at $1499.00.