Whether you’re in the market for a truck gun or a home defense weapon, odds are you’ve considered AR platform pistols. This style of gun has a lot to recommend it from its overall versatility to maneuverability and efficacy. The Parkwest Arms PW-P9 is a fantastic example of a pistol made with attention to detail and a focus on usability. Not only is the PW-P9 aesthetically pleasing, it’s made for serious work.
Parkwest Arms supplied the following information about their PW-P9:
The PW-P9 is an advanced AR platform 9-millimeter pistol built entirely in Sturgis, South Dakota. Combining Mil-spec aluminum construction with unique, Parkwest Arms patented features to deliver unrivaled reliability and performance. Versatile and compact, the rugged PW-P9 takes Glock and most universal magazines for cross platform compatibility and can be configured with a rear or side charging handle. It offers a patented bolt hold-open design that will catch the bolt every time on the last round so that the shooter doesn’t have to recharge between magazine changes. It also features an M-Lok handguard and flat-top upper for accessories and sights.
Choose from the Standard compact or ultra-compact, feature packed RTG (Ready to Go) models. Pick between a four or six-inch M-LOK handguard, either SB Tactical SBA4 or Maxim Defense CQB PDW pistol braces, and a 7.5 inch or 5.25-inch barrel. With multiple custom Cerakote finishes offered, the only choices to be made are the preference of the shooter. All PW-P9’s come equipped with an additional pistol buffer tube. Whether for sport shooting or tactical applications, the Parkwest Arms PW-P9 is the ultimate compact AR Pistol platform.
President of Parkwest Arms Steve Rabackoff praised the innovation of the company’s AR pistol:
I can confidently say our team of engineers, designers and craftsmen are some of the best in the industry. When they came to me with the idea of the PW-P9, I was excited to see what they could come up with. The outcome far exceeded my expectations, I’m overly proud to add this product to our line of other quality firearms.
Check out the video to learn more about the PW-P9:
The PW-P9 is compatible with Glock magazines and other magazines of similar design. It’s offered in quite a few finishes including:
- Flat Dark Earth
- SE Camo
- OD Green
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Fire Control: Semi-Automatic
- Trigger: Standard Trigger Group
- Upper: Machined from Mil Spec Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy Forging for the best quality and durability. Mil Std 1913 Picatinny Rail with white laser T-markings. Hard Black Coat Anodize. No forward assist or dust cover reduces weight. Drilled for use with roll pin.
- Lower: State of the art, Glock mag dedicated, patented lower receiver with LAST ROUND BOLT HOLD OPEN for guaranteed reliability. Machined from a Mil-Spec 7075 T-6 Aluminum Alloy Forging. The unique driveshaft mechanism ensures an even 1:1 ratio on both ends of the driveshaft enhancing reliability and durability. Pre-installed ejector hooks and a unique mag release system bolted onto the face of the lower receiver. Machined flared mag well. Hardcoat anodize/matte black finish and fully automatic pictogram markings. Standard Trigger Guard.
- Handguard: Proprietary 7” M-LOC free float handguard with continuous top mil-spec 1913 Picatinny rail.
- Barrel: Length 7.5.” 4140 Steel. Threaded 1/2 x 36 (may vary based on availability) for use with suppressors. 1:10 Twist. Chrome moly with black melonite finish. A2 Flash Hider.
- Bolt & Bolt Carrier Group: High-Grade Ordnance Steel- One-Piece Design 9mm bolt assembly for outstanding strength, durability, and reliability with standard AR-15 hammer. Manufactured out of 8620 steel with a ramped design and features a QPQ Nitride finish for corrosion and wear resistance.
- Operating System: Straight Blowback
- Loading: Rear Charging
- Brass Deflector: Redirects empty rounds to one place for easy pickup. Protects skin and clothes from hot discharging brass.
- Brace: Pistol STabilizing Brace brand & model such as SB Tactical or comparable. Based on availability at the time of order.
- Pistol Grip: < 6lbs
- Length: 23″ Pistol
- Magazine: Includes two (2) magazines and accepts all Glock and Glock aftermarket magazines (brand and capacity depending on availability).
- Patent: US Patented Bolt catch, guaranteeing bolt open last shot.