Well-made bolt-action rifles are a thing of beauty, and when they’re also reasonably priced, it’s even better. The Stevens by Savage Arms 334 is the latest bolt-action rifle to be released by Savage, and it promises to be a fantastic firearm. Whether you’re a target shooter or a hunter, it’s worth checking out the classic lines and variety of chamberings in this model.
The Stevens by Savage 334 is described by the gun maker as the gun where “value and performance meet.” It’s designed for versatility, reliability, and accuracy. The gun is made with either classic Turkish walnut furniture or black synthetic furniture. It has a two-stage adjustable trigger, a free-floating, button-rifled barrel, and a 60-degree bolt lift. The 334 is fed by a detachable box magazine and offered in three calibers: 243 Winchester, 308 Winchester, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
Features of the Stevens by Savage 334 include:
- Chambered in 243 Winchester, 308 Winchester, or 6.5 Creedmoor.
- 20-inch barrel in 243 Winchester and 308 Winchester; 22-inch barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Three-round detachable magazine in all calibers.
- Drilled and tapped receiver with Picatinny rail for easier addition of optics.
- Two-stage adjustable trigger so it can be changed according to shooter preference.
- 60-degree bolt lift to facilitate faster manipulation.
- Checkering on grip and forend for a sure hold during live fire.
- Three-position safety.
- Ergonomically designed stock for superior comfort while shooting.
- Turkish walnut or black synthetic furniture.
- Barrel made from carbon steel.
- Two swivel studs for quick attachment of sling.
- Sporter-style stock.
- 11-degree target crown on barrel.
The 334 is a great choice for hunting, target shooting, plinking, and everything in between. These rifles are manufactured in Turkey, but oversight is handled by Savage, and they’re designed to exacting standards. If you’re in the market for a bolt-action rifle, or even if you’re not, the 334 is worth considering as the next addition to your gun collection.
MSRP for the Stevens by Savage 334 is set at $389 for the synthetic stock and $489 for the wood stock.