NCStar has a reputation that is a little bit similar to HiPoint. They sell inexpensive accessories and are therefore considered inferior. However do not be prejudiced against them for they have some diamonds in the rough. Their G5+ Glock Pocket tool is one of these gems.
MagPopper and Disassembly Tool All-In-One
NCStar first came out with their Glock disassembly & front sight tool. It was a punch on one end and a front sight wrench on the other. They designed it into the shape of a pen.
- Tactical tool designed in a pen configuration with a steel disassembly and front sight tool for Glock® pistols.
- Anodized blue aluminum pen tool with two threaded caps that thread into the center body, with a black steel pocket clip.
- Hardened steel 3/32″ or 2.5mm punch tool for all Glock® pistols. Designed to remove the pins and disassemble the Glock® frame, slide, and the magazine into their individual components.
- The opposite end of the tool includes a 3/16″ hex nut driver for removing/installing factory and aftermarket Glock® front sights. The 3/16″ hex nut driver features an internal magnet to conveniently hold the front sight screw as you install the front sight post.
- The pointed cap can be used to center the pins in the frame. Pointed cap can be screwed onto the pocket clip cap to prevent losing it when the tool is in use.
- Length: 3.4″
- Weight: 4.0 oz.
NCStar also made the MagPopper, a Glock magazine disassembly tool. This tool has three features besides a Magazine disassembly tool. It has a bottle opener, 1/4″ hex driver for tool bits and a key chain lanyard hole.
- The innovative MagPopper tool will help you disassemble your Glock® magazines in seconds.
- Works with most factory Glock® flat floorplates. Works with 10 round, standard capacity, and high capacity Glock® magazines.
- Simply insert the hook from the small lever into the floor plate, rest the MagPopper body against the front of the magazine body. With one hand grasp the MagPopper and the magazine body and gently squeze. The floor plate will slide forward and unlock from the side magazine tabs with very little effort.
- Caution magazines are under spring tension. After you have unlocked the floor plate, carefully slide/remove the floor plate, locking plate, spring, and follower from the magazine body for service/cleaning.
- MagPopper also features: a bottle opener, a hole on the main body for mounting onto key rings, and a ¼” hex hole for holding ¼” screwdriver bits.
- Compact design for convenient storage.
- Steel construction.
- US Patent Pending
By Our Powers Combined
Now NCStar has combined both of these tools into their G5+ Glock Pocket Tool. It is a 5 in 1 tool. It is a Glock disassembly tool, magazine popper, bottle opener, front sight wrench, and striker disassembly holder.
- G5+ Pocket Tool for GLOCK® Pistols. This pocket tool has 5 necessary tool elements for assembling and disassembling your GLOCK®.
- Hardened steel 3/32″ or 2.5mm punch tool for all Glock® pistols. Designed to push out the frame pins and disassemble the Glock® frame, slide, and the magazine into their individual components.
- A 3/16″ hex nut driver for removing and installing factory and aftermarket Glock® front sights. The 3/16″ hex nut driver features an internal magnet to conveniently hold the front sight screw as you install the front sight post.
- The innovative MagPopper tool will help you disassemble your Glock® magazines in seconds for servicing and cleaning.
- A pocket on the side of the tool acts as a third hand and holds the striker assembly for you, while you use your two freed hands to disassemble the striker assembly. Great for changing out striker spring rates and aftermarket strikers.
- The corners of the tool handle are used for centering the frame pins in the frame when reassembling the frame.
- The G5+ Pocket Tool also features a bottle opener.
G5+ Glock Pocket Tool Review
Let’s take a look how well it works. I have never removed a Glock striker assembly before until now nor have I ever taken one apart. But the G5+ Glock Pocket tool made this effortless.
Close up of the Striker assembly pocket with a G19X striker in position for disassembly.As advertised the front sight tool works.
I have experienced the MagPopper before and it works very well for standard Glock floorplates.
It does not work on Glock magazine extension though.
I used the punch to remove the two pins in the frame. However I had difficulty removing the G19X ambidextrous slide release. This of course is not the fault of the G5+ Glock Pocket Tool but just my unfamiliarity of how to disassemble the G19X. Rather than use the punch to drive the frame in, you use the corner of the tool. The corners of the G5+ Pocket Tool were designed with the appropriate curvature to help push the frame pins in just far enough that they would be centered in the frame. Price wise I have seen the G5+ Glock Pocket Tool sell for around $30. Not terribly expensive and has all the tools you need other than a rear sight tool which NCStar also makes. For more Glock 19X magazines you can get them here at Gunmag Warehouse.