Dedicated rifle shooters understand the need for durability, reliability, and precision. Whether you’re a hunter or a precision shooter, those things matter, but it can be a challenge to find a rifle that does it all. That’s where the Howa Hera H7 comes in. This hybrid hunting precision line of riles is designed to perform when and where you need it to, not only for consistent performance but precision. The Howa Hera H7 promises to do it all, with style.
Howa states the Hera H7 rifles are a hybrid design, combining the best of both hunting and precision into a single firearm. The rifles are being offered in 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 in a trio of possible colors: Tan, OD Green, and Black. Howa took care to design a chassis for this rifle that’s modern and easy to operate. It is a short-action system. The chassis is made from fiberglass-reinforced polymer with an aluminum V-block and aluminum forestock for durability and portability.
The stock system ships with three spacers so length of pull can be adjusted to fit the shooter. In addition, a polymer cheekpiece support makes a cheek weld secure and comfortable while the AICS-compatible, 2-5 round detachable magazines are reliable. M-LOK compatible mount points for aftermarket accessories make it easy to add lights and other gear to the gun.
Gun owners can choose from three barrel lengths: 22-inch Standard, 24-inch Heavy, and 24-inch Carbon Fiber. All lengths feature threaded barrels, meaning they’re suppressor ready. The gun maker describes the Hera H7 as Japanese precision and German engineering coming together to create “an excellent shooting platform.”
Features of the Howa Hera H7 include:
- Chambered in either 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 Winchester.
- Three barrel lengths: 22-inch Standard, 24-inch Heavy Steel, and 24-inch Carbon Fiber.
- Threaded barrels, so the guns are suppressor ready.
- Offered in Black, Tan, and OD Green.
- H7 Chassis features M-LOK compatibility for the addition of aftermarket accessories.
- Includes three inserts to adjust the length of pull to the shooter using the rifle.
- Two-stage match trigger for improved precision and trigger control.
- Three-position safety.
- Removable butt panel.
- Fiberglass-reinforced polymer for resistance to use-related wear.
- Aluminum V-Lock bedding for longevity and accuracy.
- Aluminum forestock for durability and lighter overall weight.
- Polymer cheekpiece for comfortable, secure cheek weld.
- AICS-compatible magazine.
- Sub MOA capable.
- Lifetime Warranty.
MSRP for the Howa Hera H7 varies by model and starts at $839.00.