Whether you’re interested in the ultimate 3-Gun rifle or simply want an AR-platform rifle capable of stellar performance, the Sig Sauer M400 DH3 is well worth a closer look. This gun was designed based on the input of competitive shooter Daniel Horner. It’s the first rifle ever to be released by Sig Custom Works and has numerous features meant to deliver the ideal 3-Gun competition rifle to gun owners.
Sig Sauer released the following details about the M400 DH3:
Team SIG’s Daniel Horner has refined the platform to meet his competition needs and developed the ultimate 3-Gun rifle, the…M400-DH3 from SIG Custom Works. The first-ever rifle from SIG Custom Works features full-ambi controls with the new SIG-designed ambi bolt-catch and bolt-release, a Timney DH3 Two-Stage Trigger, a custom DH3 Adjustable stock, fluted stainless 223 Wylde barrel (for optimal 5.56 and 223 Rem performance) and a 3 Chamber Compensator for muzzle rise reduction. The new M400-DH3 from SIG Custom Works gives you the same competitive edge and the same rifle used by 10-time 3 gun champion Daniel Horner.
Although it is listed as being chambered in 5.56 NATO, it does have a 223 Wylde barrel, meaning the shooter will get superior accuracy whether running 5.56 NATO or 223 Remington. The handguard has a Picatinny rail over the receiver and at the muzzle end and is M-LOK compatible, so shooters can add whatever accessories are needed for competition or range use. It has a 2-stage trigger made by Timney Triggers which is, in fact, the company’s Daniel Horner Signature Trigger, and ambidextrous controls. Each rifle ships with a 30-round magazine.
Perhaps the most eye-catching feature of the Sig Sauer M400 DH3 is the stock, which was designed by Daniel Horner. It’s adjustable for length of pull and has a unique aesthetic that is attention-getting, to say the least. The streamlined design also serves to reduce overall weight and create a more balanced rifle.
- DH3 Adjustable Stock
- 2-Stage Adjustable Timney Daniel Horner Signature Trigger
- Low Profile 3-Gun Handguard
- Ambidextrous Controls Including Bolt Catch/Release
- Fluted Competition Barrel
- 3 Chamber Compensator for muzzle rise reduction
- Model: M400 DH3
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Barrel: 223 Wylde
- Barrel Length: 16 inches
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8
- Action Type: Semi-automatic
- Trigger: 2-Stage Adjustable Timney Daniel Horner Signature Trigger
- Forend Type: Alloy
- Grip Type: Polymer
- Receiver Finish: Cerakote
- Overall Length: 34.5 inches
- Overall Width: 2.5 inches
- Height: 7.5 inches, without optics
- Accessory Rail: M-LOK
- Operating System: Direct Impingement
- Weight: 7 pounds
- MSRP is not known at this time. Let us know what you think of this rifle in the comments section below.