Strike Industries has added a versatile new bag to its Strike Gear line of soft goods. It’s called The Boogeyman Chest Rig Bag, and Strike says it’s designed to be a low-profile lightweight modular system for you to customize for any mission-specific setup.
Chest Rig Design
The Boogeyman has a heck of a lot of design features, which certainly enhances its modularity.
Here’s how Strike Industries describes it:
The Boogeyman is made with YKK zippers that include a U-shaped nylon pull tab for fast and comfortable opening of the pockets.
When looking to design the most modular system, a must was to add side webbing loops to provide a wide range of possibilities to store, attach or clip various items.
With organization in mind for the user, inside both the main and front pockets of the Boogeyman Chest Rig Bag you will find a loop side lined wall to organize your gear with any Strike Gear accessories and inserts (sold separately) as well as any of your favorite patches.
There are 7 possible areas on the chest rig where you can locate the included ITW Split-Bar body buckles to set up the straps however necessity dictates, including configuring buckles to attach the Boogeyman to an existing carrier, chest rig, or other soft goods you already have.
A D-Ring is located on one side of the top of the Boogeyman so you can lock the main pocket zipper or use as a key hanger and more. Out of the box you will get two (x2) shoulder straps with ITW latch and body buckles and a 3-bar slider adjuster. The included waist strap has the same ITW latch and body buckles but with two (x2) 3-bar slider adjusters which helps with adjustments for configuring the chest rig setup or to convert the Boogeyman into a hip pack perfect for those hiking/outdoor instances.
The Strike Gear Boogeyman Chest Rig Bag gives you an extremely modular market option to carry what you need, whether it is a trip to the range or just a normal workday.
Boogyman Chest Rig Bag Package Contents
- x1 Boogeyman Chest Rig Bag with YKK zippers
- x2 Shoulder straps with ITW buckles
- x1 Waist strap with ITW buckles
- Modularity: Chest Rig, Mini Range Bag, Messenger, CCW, EDC, Medical, Tool, Hiking/Outdoor Hip Pack, Belt Pack plus other mission specific setups
- YKK zippers with U shape nylon pulls (x1 main, x2 front)
- Side webbing loops (x2)
- Side 4-way stretch storage pockets (x2)
- Main pocket elastic webbing loops (x3)
- Front pocket elastic webbing loops (x4)
- Main pocket can hold AR500 plate up to 6”x8”
- Loop side on inner wall of main and front pockets
- Full loop side back wall paired with Strike Gear® Hook Panel (sold separately) to connect an additional Boogeyman bag
- 7 buckle placement locations
- Configure buckles to attach to an existing carrier, chest rig or other
- Quickly convert to a messenger bag with a simple unsnap of the button
- Messenger bag strap can be used with a 1.5” belt as a Belt Pack
- D-Ring is located on one side of the top so you can lock the main pocket zipper or use as a key hanger and more
- Included shoulder (x2) and waist (x1) straps with ITW latch buckles
- Included ITW Split-Bar body buckles (x6) so you can easily configure your mission setup
- 3-bar slider adjuster on straps (x1 per shoulder, x2 for waist)
- Field Grey: 500 Denier nylon fabric
- Woodland: 420 Denier nylon fabric
Boogeyman Accessories and Inserts
To make this bag even more modular, Strike has released these inserts and accessories.