The Heckler and Koch VP9 is a popular handgun, and for good reason. It’s a design that’s proven reliable, accurate, and durable over the years, making it the carry gun of choice for countless gun owners. The classic VP9 is a 9mm polymer pistol in flat black, but there are other options available like Davidson’s Exclusive model, which sports a gray polymer frame and black slide for a beautiful, aesthetically-appealing 2-tone appearance.
Among the many VP9 variants is the popular “Push-button” or “B” model mag release which is favored by many shooters because it is streamlined and easy to operate. This particular model has a standard push-button magazine release rather than the H&K paddle release.
The Davidson’s Exclusive VP9 has a gray polymer frame with the molded finger grooves and texturing the gun is known for. As for the slide, it’s the classic H&K black hostile-environment finished, machined steel slide with angled forward and rearward serrations. The push-button magazine release is reversible, making it right- or left-handed friendly. In addition, the slide lock is ambidextrous as are the manufacturer’s patented charging supports (components mounted on either side of the rear of the slide to provide more leverage when manipulating the slide). The charging supports also facilitate faster reloads and make it easier for shooters with injuries or otherwise reduced hand strength to run the gun. Two 17-round P30 steel magazines ship with each gun.
This pistol also has HK’s high-quality cold hammer forged barrel, which is made from cannon-grade steel for longevity. The barrel has a polygonal bore profile and doesn’t have traditional lands-and-grooves rifling, which the company states improve barrel life and slightly increases velocity.
Other features of the Davidson’s Exclusive VP9 include:
- Updated sight configuration, including a high-visibility front sight and a black serrated rear sight for rapid target acquisition.
- Optional optics-ready cut with cap, saving shooters from having the gun milled for red dot sights.
- Interchangeable grip panels allow the user to adjust the fit to their hand size.
- Striker-fired pistol with a modified Browning operating system and precision strike trigger control system for superior accuracy and reliable performance.
- Extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into the polymer frame for easy addition of aftermarket accessories. According to the manufacturer, the rail has been tested and certified to handle mounted accessories up to 5.6 ounces.
- Proprietary captive flat recoil spring to reduce the felt recoil, making re-acquiring targets simpler.
- Double stack magazine for greater capacity.
Is a two-tone VP9 in your near future? Tell us what you think in the comment section.
MSRP for the Davidson’s Exclusive H&K VP9 is set at $872.00.