Introducing the MIK-02, influenced by the diverse daily requirements of active-duty personnel and the demands of the environments they serve in. Here’s a little bit of what Halfbreed Blades had to say about their exciting new addition to their expanding line knives.
The MIK-02 (Medium Infantry Knife) from Halfbreed Blades is a mid-size CQB fixed blade intended for use as a dedicated Infantry knife. The MIK-02 comes in three colors; Black, Dark Earth, and Ranger Green.
The MIK-02’s highly utilitarian tanto point blade incorporates many performance-enhancing, essential features for a multirole
fixed blade knife of this genre.
Hewn from a solid slab of 6.5mm thick Austrian K110 (D2), this multirole fixed blade, is overbuilt in every detail. In addition, it incorporates a range of performance-enhancing features developed for hard use applications.
- One-piece full tang construction.
- Easy to maintain a razor-sharp polished cutting edge with partial blade serrations.
- Hard-wearing, low friction Teflon coating mitigates glare and protects against corrosion. Available in black, dark earth, and ranger green color options.
- Modified tanto point and blade design are optimized for piercing, prying, and slicing tasks.
- Extra-large handguard aids control and prevents injury to the user.
- Jimping at key points along the tang enhances handling characteristics, including forward of the handle, aiding the application of downward pressure and precise control.
- US made G10. Handle scales are ergonomically contoured for maximum grip/control with non-gloved hands.
- Handle scales are secured by steel torx fittings.
- Crusher pommel ideally suited for breaking glass and other hammering tasks.
- Lanyard holes at key points allow for paracord attachment.
- US made Kydex. We believe the carry system supplied with our tools is as important as the tool it protects. Each sheath is precision-molded for secure retention and easy maintenance. All MIK-02 sheaths are provided with a belt carry system as the primary attachment method, eyelet holes around the perimeter of the sheath serve as secondary attachment options.
The MIK-02 Specs
- Action: Fixed Blade
- Blade Steel: K110 D2 (59-60 HRC)
- Blade Edge: Polished Partially Serrated
- Blade Finish: Teflon Coated
- Blade Style: Tanto Point
- Blade Length: 5.31″ (135mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.25″ (6.5mm)
- Handle Material: G10
- Handle Thickness: 0.98″ (25mm)
- Overall Length: 10.43″ (265mm)
- Sheath Type: Molded Kydex
- Sheath Weight: 4.40oz. (125g)
- Knife Weight: 12.16oz. (345g)
- Overall Weight: 16.56oz. (470g)