Strike Industries’ newest member of the OPPRESSOR family is a lighter-weight concussion reduction device that, like its big brother, redirects blast and sound while maintaining recoil reduction of SI muzzle devices. You know what that means, right? As SI so eloquently phrases it, with the SI OPPRESSOR LITE, you can “Shoot next to someone without scaring the poop out of them.”
Oh, and just so you know, the OPPRESSOR family is multi-caliber compatible with .223/5.56, .308/7.62, and 9mm calibers.
So, how does it work?
Like the original SI OPPRESSOR, the OPPRESSOR LITE aids in redirecting blast and sound.
Strike explains further:
Unlike most other blast shields on the market, the OPPRESSOR family is designed with computer-aided flow dynamics to maintain the recoil reduction of SI muzzle devices.
The OPPRESSOR LITE is a no-compromise solution for redirecting the gas pressure produced by aggressive brakes and compensators. Advanced internal geometry actively draws the gasses out and thrusts the gasses forward through vents to accomplish linear braking in order to retain more efficiency. The OPPRESSOR LITE can be rapidly installed before transitioning to prone shooting positions, indoor use or to not scare the poop out of the person next to you in a training class setting or on the firing line.
What about Installation and Compatibility?
The LITE version is designed to be more lightweight than big brother, 3 full ounces lighter. Not only does LITE refer to the reduced weight, the design of the attachment mechanism has been made to be easier and quicker to install when removing without the ratcheting system like big brother.
Using the SI patent pending Strike Rapid Engage Mount (SREM) system found on majority of SI muzzle devices and other SI SREM compatible devices, you can easily transfer the OPPRESSOR LITE to the weapon you are currently shooting as long as it has the compatible business end.
If you are going for that tucked look, any current SI rail/handguard inner diameter is designed to work with a suppressor up to 1.57” (39.9mm) so you got the green light for the OPPRESSOR LITE as well as any handguard made to clear majority of suppressors on the market.
OPPRESSOR LITE Features
- Redirects blast and sound while maintaining recoil reduction of SI muzzle devices
- Shoot next to someone without scaring the poop out of them
- 1.56” (39.50mm) overall diameter will clear handguards made for majority of suppressors
- SI patent pending Strike Rapid Engage Mount (SREM) system
- Multi-caliber with .223/5.56, .308/7.62 and 9mm
- Steel core with 6061-T6 aluminum body
- Weight: 6.50 oz (original SI OPPRESSOR 9.40 oz)
- Overall diameter: 39.50mm (1.56″)
- Overall length: 75.00mm (2.95″)
- Material: Core: steel, Body: 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finish: Body: Anodized
- Calibers: All SI SREM OPPRESSOR compatible muzzle devices (.223/5.56, .308/7.62 and 9mm)
- Length: 75.00mm (2.95″)
- Width: 39.50mm (1.56″)
- Height: 39.50mm (1.56″)
- Weight: 6.50 oz
- Weight w/pkg: 7.50 oz
- x1 SI OPPRESSOR LITE (fully assembled)
Strike Industries is online with assorted products, links, and offers at campsite.bio/strikeindustries; you can follow ’em on Instagram @strikeindustries if you’re interested.