Wilson Combat announced recently the newest addition to their popular X9 series of pistols, the SFX9. The SFX9 HC pistol is a 4” compact solid frame pistol variant that has a thin and lightweight aluminum grip frame.
The new Wilson Combat SFX9 4” is machined from a solid T6-7075 aluminum reportedly making it a rugged, comfortable, and concealable option for a carry option. Wilson states that the SFX9 is light enough to carry for long periods of time but has a solid grip shape to help control recoil during long training sessions. This pistol matches up the 4” compact top-end with the new solid frame lightweight full-size aluminum grip frame.
The Wilson Combat SFX9, with the SF standing for solid frame, has a high-capacity compact size with bulletproof thumb safety. The 4” match-grade stainless cone barrel sits neatly inside the stainless-steel slide with serrations on top and rear end.
- High-Capacity Compact Size, Solid Body Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof Hammer
- Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Lightweight Medium Length Lightweight Pad
- Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- 4” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor Black DLC Finish on Slide
- Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4.40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 4” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
The SFX9 also has a two-piece grip and frame construction with the Wilson Combat X-Tac thread pattern on the frontstrap and backstrap for better control with a non-abrasive grip for all shooting conditions. The pistol also boasts a crisp trigger pull of 3.5# to 4.5# with a lightweight medium-length trigger pad.
The slide assembly on the SFX9 keeps Wilson Combat’s “Enhanced Reliability System”, the ERS, for the 9mm 1911s. The ERS is tailored for the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition and stays reliable according to Wilson Combat.
Other features of the SFX9 are a tri-top slide profile with end-user adjustable Concealment Battlesight with red fiber optic front sight, reduced frame rails that supposedly enhance reliability, and a user-serviceable external extractor. The slide, made from stainless steel, has a black Diamond-like-Carbon, or DLC, finish with chromium and tungsten under-layers for better corrosion and abrasion resistance.
- Available Calibers: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 4”
- Overall Length: 7.4”
- Sight Radius: 5.6”
- Height: 5.25”
- Width: 1.4”
- Weight Empty: 29.3 oz
- Weight Loaded: 36 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yds
Wilson Combat says that each of the 4” barrels is hand-fitted and tuned by their gunsmiths for flawless reliability across a variety of ammunition choices and targets. The SFX9 can be field stripped without tools and can be completely disassembled by employing just one punch.
Each pistol arrives from the factory with two 15-round magazines to round out the package. The pistol is available with various trigger, finish and sight options. The SFX9 pistol has a base price of $2895.