In the past several years, more and more people have taken the initiative to join the ranks of concealed carriers. And although there are many concealable firearm options available, there’s one type of gun that seems to be at the top of the concealed carry market: the higher capacity subcompact pistol. And, why not? Greater concealability with more rounds at your disposal makes sense, right?
Well, in keeping with this trend, Safariland just announced its own subcompact pistol holster that’s compatible with several popular subcompact pistols. Actually, it’s an expansion to the already existing line of 575 IWB GLS Pro-Fit Holsters. The new holster is called the “575 Slim Pro-Fit Holster” and it’s compatible with an impressive list of subcompacts.
Take a look at the list of pistols the 575 Slim is compatible with:
- Glock 43
- 43X and 48
- Springfield Armory Hellcat
- Springfield Armory XD-S
- Sig Sauer P365/P365X
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield and Shield Plus
- And other similarly sized pistols. (Actually, there are 18 manufacturers, with their various subcompacts) listed on the Safariland website that this holster is compatible with.
If you want to see how the GLS system works, watch this video. Although it’s an older video and not specifically about the 575 SLIM, it does a pretty good job demonstrating the retention system.
Here’s how Safariland describes the 575 Slim holster:
The new 575 Slim IWB GLS Pro-Fit holster provides a fully adjustable cant and offers the unique Grip Locking System which secures the firearm once holstered. The retention of the GLS is deactivated with the middle finger while taking a shooting grip during the draw. The body is SafariSeven, a proprietary nylon blend that is non-abrasive to a firearm’s finish and maintains very high heat tolerance as well as low cold tolerance. This holster comes with two belt loop options based on preference (over or under the belt). Its low-cut and compact design makes concealment easy while also allowing for a quick draw.
Eric Gasvoda, Vice President and General Manager for The Safariland Group duty gear division said, “The new 575 Slim builds on the success of our robust 575 in-waistband design. The new 575 models are built for the smaller 9mms and other pistols designed for everyday carry. With Safariland’s GLS retention and the 575’s ease of concealment, this is a great way to secure your carry gun so it is ready and accessible when you need it most.”
Features and Benefits:
- GLS secures the holstered firearm
- Designed to fit multiple firearms in one holster with one tension adjustment
- The holster body is constructed with a proprietary nylon blend that is non-abrasive to the firearm’s finish
- Low-cut compact design for ease of concealment
- Inside-the-waist for deep concealment
- Two belt loop options are available based on user preference (under and over the belt)
- Fully adjustable cant
- Optic Capable