Safariland, which is perhaps the largest manufacturer of safety products meant specifically for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets in general, has announced their latest tactical armor platform, the HyperX. This new tactical armor platform features an in-conjunction armor design which the company states is one of their lowest profile and lowest weight tactical products.
James Duncan, VP/GM of Armor for Safariland, had the following to say about the company’s latest vest: “Safariland prides itself on the life-saving capabilities provided by its armor platforms. HyperX is the latest innovation in tactical armor platforms, underscoring Safariland’s commitment to working with those who depend on protection from our products. In developing HyperX, Safariland worked with Fort Worth SWAT to design a tactical vest that combines protection with more reflexive freedom of movement.”
The Safariland HyperX Tactical Armor has the following features
- Designed specifically for high end armor systems
- SAPI plate is sized from Small through Extra Large, delivering customized ballistic rifle protection and superior mobility specific to each operator’s size
- Communication wire openings are integrated at the front wing and center chest for the purpose of keeping wires managed and out of the outer areas of vest
- Removable closure flap, which allows other closure system placards to be used depending on the user’s desired load outs
- Shock cord adjustable cummerbund system with detachable center anchor
- Modular abdomen/spinal protection with adjustable connection tabs allowing for precise positioning
- Articulating shoulders for enhanced mobility and significant range of adjustment
- Ballistic Accessories include: Ab/Spine, Groin, Collar, G3 Throat, G3 Structured Upper Arms
- Zipper on rear MOLLA placard
- Right/Left Internal radio pouch
- Custom IDS with rifle retention
“Proprietary technology, functionality and modularity are all important factors when it comes to creating an armor system. Safariland worked with Fort Worth SWAT to create the a revolutionary, lightweight, lowest profile tactical platform for those who deserve nothing but the best. HyperX offers a customizable fit that boasts adjustable ballistic rifle protection while maintaining thin and lightweight profile. The HyperX is NIJ Tested as an In Conjunction With (ICW) vest system, by integrating best in class soft panels and hard plates, exceeding carrier expectations and standards. Finally, an Armor platform built to meet the needs of today’s Law Enforcement and Safety Operators.”
The HyperX is available in a wide variety of colors including black, coyote, gray, Multicam, navy, Ranger Green, Tactical Green, and Tan 499. Closure options include FirstSpear Tubes and VELCRO brand hook and loop. This tactical system was designed with careful attention to detail to provide the best-possible performance for everyone from members of law enforcement to private gun owners and tacticians.
MSRP is unknown at this time.