.300blk has been a very popular round these past few years. The cartridge has some fantastic ballistics and works very well suppressed. The best part is that you can use an AR 15 magazine to feed them and just use a .300blk upper on your existing AR 15.
There has been an issue with using PMAGS and that is due to the shape and design of the .300blk cartridge. Your standard PMAG will most likely work for regular off-the-shelf .300blk ammo. However with the variety of bullet weights and lengths, often those special rounds don’t play well in a regular PMAG.
So Magpul has made a new 300 blackout magazine to accommodate these different shapes. The new 300 B Gen3 M3 has a distinctive rib design to distinguish it visually and by touch from a standard 5.56 PMAG.
The central rib has been removed inside this 300 blackout magazine, and it also comes equipped with a hi-tensile compression steel spring to assure minimal to no friction and smooth feeding responses.
Magpul PMAG GEN M3 AR-15 30-Round 300 Blackout Magazine Features
- Impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- USGI-spec stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance and field compatibility
- Textured gripping surface and flared floorplate for positive magazine handling and easy disassembly
The 300 PMAG will retail for only $15.95. It will be available Spring 2017, according to Magpul’s website.