The latest expansion in Smith & Wesson’s Military & Police (M&P) line was announced on November 16th. It’s the MP10mm M2.0 pistol, and it has the various “enhanced features” S&W expects you to expect in one of their pistols.
John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior New Project Manager (SWSNPM, to use the convenient acronym) explains:
“Having not made a 10mm semi-automatic hand gun since the 1990’s [sic], it’s a pleasure to re-enter that space with the M&P10mm M2.0 pistol. The 10mm caliber has its own following, and our customers have been asking us to bring one back. We are excited to launch this product using the M&P45 M2.0 as a building block to support existing aftermarket accessories that are readily available, as well as adding new enhanced features like the optics ready slide and the new M2.0 flat face trigger.”
S&W MP10mm M2.0
The new 10mm pistol will ship with an optics cut slide utilizing Smith and Wesson’s multiple-brand-friendly C.O.R.E. system, allowing for a variety of optic options. It will also feature their new flat face trigger design (designed to optimize trigger finger placement for more consistent and accurate shooting), and 15+1 capacity magazines.
As the rest of the release says,
These new handguns are purpose-built with the end consumer in mind. They include the M2.0 features and are available with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety. Smith & Wesson will offer a shorter 4” configuration of the handgun to allow for quicker clearance of a holster or a slightly longer 4.6” configuration to provide for a longer sight radius to optimize the accuracy of the barrel’s 1-in-10 twist rate. The M&P10mm M2.0 comes with the familiar 18-degree grip angle, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts, and enhanced grip texture to help manage recoil.
The MSRP on the M&P10mm pistol is $654.00 to $665.00.
Designed to shoot bigger, faster, flatter, and farther. Whether for hunting, self-defense, or the range – M&P 10mm delivers when you need it most.
Some MP10mm 2.0 Features
- Slide cut for optics
- M2.0 flat face trigger for consistent flnger placement that allows for more accurate and repeatable shooting
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P® pistol more comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach – S, M, ML, L
- Enhanced grip texture allows the user to manage recoil, keep a firm grip, and delivers comfort when concealing
- New M&P® M2.0™ crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10˝ twist M&P® M2.0™ barrel
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish