A New .30 Caliber DI Gun from LWRCI
LWRC International is known by many shooters as a company that makes short stroke piston system AR rifle variants. However, the company also makes guns that use a direct impingement (DI) system. These DI rifles have been chambered for the 5.56 NATO cartridge. Now, however, the company is making a DI gun that is chambered for the popular 300 BLK cartridge.
According to the company, the new LWRCI-DI is “built from the ground up to be more than just another direct impingement rifle.” Some of the gun’s features are:
- proprietary bolt group – LWRCI uses a keyless bolt of its own design.
- cold hammer forged barrel – 16.1” long, NiCorr treated, threaded (1/2×28), 1:7” twist, A2 style flash hider
- ambidextrous lower and charging handle – The magazine release, safety selector and magazine catch are all accessible from either side of the gun. The lower is compatible with the company’s piston uppers if you decide to swap out later.
- adjustable stock – This rifle uses the company’s own compact buttstock with a six-position receiver extension (buffer tube.)
- modular handguard – The free float handguard is a one piece design with rail modules that can be added for mounting accessories.
- angled fore grip – LWRCI includes one of its own AFGs. The grip has a QD socket for attaching a sling end.
LWRC International uses the Moe+ pistol grip from Magpul on this rifle. The rest of the parts appear to be LWRCI branded pieces.
Weight is kept to a moderate level with an unloaded rifle weighing about 6.6 pounds. With the adjustable stock, the overall length of the gun is 32” to 35.25”.
The new rifle is available now. In addition to the basic black, flat dark earth, olive drab green, tungsten metal grey and patriot brown finishes are available. Additionally, the company offers “California legal” versions of the gun. It has a suggested retail price of $1,089. However, the price can go up depending on the options and finish selected.