When you’re shooting long-range or out hunting big game, your ammunition matters. Your load of choice must be reliable, consistent, and accurate. The Federal Premium centerfire fire ammunition line is designed to not only meet but exceed the needs of marksmen and outdoorsmen. Two new products from the company’s family of ammunition stand out for long-range and hunting: Gold Medal CenterStrike and ELD-X. Each load is made to perform to the highest standards and is offered in a variety of calibers.
Features of Federal Premium Gold Medal CenterStrike:
- Precision-built OTM bullet design to deliver superior ballistics and greater precision.
- High ballistic coefficient design for greater wind resistance.
- Created to adhere to the company’s highest standards for accuracy, pressure, and velocity.
- Gold Medal primers for reliable ignition.
- New brass can be reloaded.
- Specially formulated propellant to ensure excellent and consistent performance.
Federal created Gold Medal CenterStrike specifically for long-range shooters and competitors. The round’s proprietary open-tip match bullet has a sleek profile that does more than look good; this bullet design delivers stellar ballistics. This load is held to a high standard for exacting specifications for superior long-range performance. Federal produces Gold Medal CenterStrike in 308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, and 223 Rem.
Features of Federal Premium ELD-X:
- Aerodynamic secant ogive for a higher ballistic coefficient and reduced wind-related drag
- Polymer tip resists deformation and initiates expansion for consistent results and impressive wound channels
- Specially formulated propellant for reliable performance
- Nickel-plated brass for greater visibility in low light and resistance to corrosion
- Robust jacket shank for better overall results on target
- Extremely high ballistic coefficient which translates to a flatter trajectory and improved accuarcy
- Concentric and consistent copper jacket for superior weight retention and for less barrel fouling with live fire
- Optimized boat-tail for stability, accuracy, and a higher ballistic coefficient
As for the company’s ELD-X hunting load, it’s produced using the well-known bullets of the same name. These bullets are known for being match-accurate and hard-hitting, providing both fantastic ballistics and also devastating wound channels. Federal’s ELD-X has a high ballistic coefficient and is made for effective expansion at a broad range of velocities.
Federal is now loading this proven bullet in nine different centerfire cartridge options, so odds are they have one to meet your hunting needs. Available calibers range from 243 Winchester to 300 Winchester Magnum. These hunting loads are produced using the company’s own factory-made components and strict adherence to quality control standards.
What calibers would you like to see this ammunition produced in? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
MSRP for Federal Premium Gold Medal CenterStrike and ELD-X depends on caliber and quantity.