As use of weapon mounted lights has become commonplace in the firearms industry, it has presented some problems that require fixing. Among those issues is the need to be able to turn your light off and on without being forced to adjust your grip. One product to address that is made by Emissary Development specifically for users of SureFire X300 style weapon mounted lights.
The Emissary Development Paddle Shifter Kit is designed as a drop-in aftermarket accessory that replaces the factory switch on SureFire X300 style weapon mounted lights. It is larger than the standard switch on the X300, making it easier for users to run their lights without moving their hands. Being forced to change your grip can compromise safety in a defensive scenario and slows shooters down in all situations, not to mention that shift takes you off target. This paddle speeds up target acquisition and follow-up shots while allowing for greater accuracy due to the ability to maintain your grip undisturbed.
According to the manufacturer, in addition to making it possible for shooters to maintain complete control and a firm grip on their pistol while turning their lights off and on, the Paddle Shifter makes operating the light more intuitive and natural.
Which platforms is the Paddle Shifter compatible with?
- Glock 17
- Glock 19
- Glock 22
- Glock 23
- Glock 31
- Glock 32
- Glock 34
- Glock 35
- Glock 45
- Smith & Wesson M&P
- SIG Sauer P320
- Walther PDP
- Walther Q5 Match
- Staccato 2011
- CZ 75
- CZ P10
- Archon Firearms Type B
- IWI Masada
- Zev Technologies OZ9
This paddle is also compatible with a number of holsters that are already compatible with SureFire X300 style weapon mounted light. Due to the fact that the vast majority of such holsters with work with the Paddler Shifter Kit, the manufacturer does not list compatible holsters, but does mention that the Safariland 63 Series holsters require modification to work with it.
- Considered a high-performance upgrade switch for SureFire X300 style weapon mounted lights
- Facilitates a high-grip and thumbs-forward hand placement for improved performance with handguns
- Functions with both momentary and constant light use
- Made with serrations and specific grip angles for easier operation
- Fits most holsters that are compatible with handguns with SureFire X300 style weapon mounted lights on them
- Compatible with an assortment of handguns
- Created to be durable and lightweight so it does not add any noticeable bulk or weight to the handgun
- Available in black
- Offered for either right or left handed shooters
- Made in the USA
- Patent pending
MSRP of the Emissary Development Paddle Shifter Kit is $28.00.