One of the fantastic things about AR platform rifles is their modularity. The options for customizing your rifle and adding aftermarket accessories to make the setup precisely yourself are practically endless. Anderson Manufacturing understands the need for versatility and options, and that’s why their A4 series of rifles is available with a quad rail handguard. Four rails means far more possibilities for mounting everything from lights to lasers to pistol grips.
The quad rail guns are a part of the A4 series of rifles and include 3 models from the popular lineup. Anderson designed the quad-rail handguards with T-marks on every side for additional simplicity when it comes to customizing and accessorizing the firearm in question. The pistol, carbine, and rifle from the Anderson A4 Series are offered with the A4 Quad Rail options. They are chambered in 5.56 NATO, meaning the user can run either 223 Remington or 5.56 NATO, and feature Magpul MBUS Rear Flip-Up sights. The style of the grip and flash hider are designed as a nod to the classic A2 style design. These guns are ready to shoot straight out of the box.
Both the A4 Carbine and Pistol models with Quad Rails are fitted with 6.75’ inch aluminum drop-in quad rail handguards. The A4 Rifle with Quad Rail is equipped with an 11.5-inch handguard. Handguards are made in America.
The quad rail feature adds fantastic versatility to the A4 series. According to Truman Brough, Anderson Manufacturing Product Engineer, “The quad rails bring an added level of utility to an already proven platform. The addition of the A4 Quad Rails are a great option for those who want to maintain the classic looks of the A4 and add the functionality of a quality drop-in quad rail.”
Features of the various models include:
- A4 Pistol with Quad Rail: The pistol with a quad rail handguard has a 10.5-inch Anderson Front Site Based Barrel with a 1-in-7 twist rate. That twist rate is a good general design for stabilizing the more popular ammo. Its operating system is a pistol-length gas system. The pistol is equipped with an SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Brace, meaning it’s not an NFA item.
- A4 Carbine with Quad Rail: The carbine with a quad rail handguard is fitted with a 16-inch Anderson Front Site Based Barrel. It has a 1-in-8 twist rate, which is fairly standard for 5.56 NATO chambered ARs, and has a carbine length gas system. The rifle comes standard with an Anderson Six-Position Adjustable Buttstock, making it easier to adjust length of pull to the specific user.
- A4 Rifle with Quad Rail: The rifle with a quad rail handguard has a 20 Anderson Front Site Based Barrel with a 1-in-9 twist rate. Its operating system is a rifle-length gas system. The gun ships from the factory with a fixed-length A2-style buttstock.
MSRP for various models are as follows:
- A4 Carbine with Quad Rails, $669.99
- A4 Pistol with Quad Rails, $669.99
- A4 Rifle with Quad Rails, $679.99