Building an AR-15 has been referred to as Legos for adults, and it’s not totally wrong. After all, there’s a lot of satisfaction to be gained from piecing together a functioning rifle. You learn a lot about function and parts along the way, too, which is a huge plus. However, sending it off for Cerakote can be frustrating due to the often lengthy wait. That’s where the Aero Precision Desert VTS build kits come in with a well-done camo finish. These parts are ready to go from the start.
Aero Precision released details of their Desert VTS set:
The August Builder Sets are here…. This…set features a take on the cult classic tiger stripe camouflage by Nevada Cerakote. A desert colorway gives it a refreshing look that will look at home on the range or your next arid hunt.
This builder set includes the finished pieces you need to assemble your own Desert VTS Cerakote M4E1 Rifle. The set includes an M4E1 Threaded Upper Receiver, M4E1 Lower Receiver and our ATLAS S-ONE Handguard all with this exclusive finish. This finish is available one time only and in limited quantities, so get it while you can!
- M4E1 Threaded Upper Receiver finished in Desert VTS Cerakote. Upper receiver is assembled and includes the forward assist, dust cover and barrel nut.
- 9.3″ ATLAS S-ONE M-LOK Handguards finished in Desert VTS Cerakote (Mounting Kit Included)
- M4E1 Lower Receiver finished in Desert VTS Cerakote
These sets are available in the following configurations:
- EPC-9 (EPC) 7.3″ ATLAS S-ONE Handguard
- M4E1 (AR15) 15″ Enhanced Handguard
- M4E1 (AR15) 9.3″ ATLAS S-ONE Threaded
- M4E1 (AR15) 15″ ATLAS S-ONE Threaded
- M4E1 (AR15) 9.3″ ATLAS R-ONE Threaded
- M4E1 (AR15) 15″ ATLAS R-ONE Threaded
- M5E1 (.308) 15″ Enhanced Handguard
- M5 (.308) 15″ ATLAS S-ONE Threaded
- M5 (.308) 15″ ATLAS R-ONE Threaded
Furniture Sets are available in the following configurations:
- Magpul MOE Grip & SL Stock
- Magpul MOE Grip & SL-S Stock
- Magpul MOE Grip & PRS GEN3 Stock
The build kits are made for serious use. Attention is paid to quality and durability. The “VTS” in the finish name stands for Vietnam Tiger Stripe, a favorite camo finish among many shooters. Although it tends to be best suited for blending in when you’re in the desert or arid terrain, this camo works well in all environments. A good camo finish reduces glare and helps the rifle blend in, which is useful while hunting. And, of course, it looks cool.
MSRP for the Aero Precision Desert VTS Builder Set is $524.99.